Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week 10

Wow, what a week! Going into this week I felt great, but I wasn't able to get in some key weekend workouts. I ended up missing my scheduled brick on Saturday because Friday I decided, since it was my half day at work, that I'd get home from work and go for an 8 mile run and then try to go for a 2nd run later in the day. Well after making a very dumb mistake, I didn't end up going on the second run. Here's what happened, the route I usually run for my 8 miles is usually in the shade, but that's in the morning at about 9am - 10am on Saturday when I run it. Well when I ran the route in the afternoon I had planned on the same thing so I decided that I wasn't going to need any water with me on my run when it was 81 degrees out. I made it about 3-4 miles and I was suffering without water. The good thing is that I run a loop so on the way back I was able to stop at a youth center and hit a water fountain with a mile left to go in the run. I'll take it as a lesson learned that I'll always bring water with me from now on. Well after being whipped out from the week and the Friday 8 mile run, I decided not to do the brick workout on Saturday. Here are this weeks totals:
  • Swim - 7,280 yards
  • Bike - 81.97 miles
  • Run - 13.12 miles

No comments: