Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week 13 - Peak Phase

I couldn't believe that when I looked at my training plan that this week was the start of my peak phase. I was excited and nervous at the same time because hitting the peak phase means that race day is getting that much closer. As each week passes I'm beginning to doubt my abilities of being able to finish the Ironman. The only aspect that scares me right now is the running portion and from looking at my mileage totals from the past few weeks, you can see why I'm worried even though I consider the run my strongest link in triathlon

All worries aside this week was a tough week to get bike workouts in since the days are getting shorter. I'm hoping that this week I can start biking to work so that I can get my workouts in. Friday mornings swim was my longest swim yet at 3,700 yards and it was a great workout. I had to swim this in 2 portions since I do have to be to work at 8am, so I swam 1.2 miles in the morning and than swam the rest at lunch time and then ran 8 miles after work. Another reason this was a great workout weekend was that I had my 2nd longest ride of the year over 50 miles. I ended up biking 93 miles on Saturday while averaging 19.5 mph. I also ended up doing the Shawn M. Nassaney 5k race on Sunday, but I'll do a seperate post on this.

Here are this weeks totals:
  • Swim - 8,496 yards
  • Bike - 120.46 miles
  • Run - 16.65 miles

No comments: