Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week 14 - Recap

Week 14 had some great training weather here in New England with the weather in the 70's and 80's this week. I was able to get in some great bike miles this week. Also, for the first time on Thursday I was able to ride with a group that leaves from my gym at 6am. The group ride was a little too early for me because I'm not the one that likes to get up that early to workout. We rode with about 12 guys and we did a 30 mile loop and we ended up averaging 21.4 mph, which was great for me! I was also able to go for another group ride this past Saturday with my fellow TriFury group. We had a great turnout of about 25 riders, but it didn't take long for things to thin out with myself and another local great triathlete, Thor Kirleis to take off on our own. The course for the group ride is well marked on the roads and we were told that it was a 30 mile ride, but it ended up being a 32.6 mile ride and we averaged 20.9 mph. All and all it was another great week for bike mileage, but my running mileage again was low.

Here are the totals for Week 14:
  • Swim - 7,282 yards
  • Bike - 81.66 miles
  • Run - 10.61 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great that you were able to get some good bike rides in. The weather has been good for running and biking. Biking in a big group has to be different than all the miles logged on the road alone.

Keep it up! Mooseman is coming!