Thursday, May 8, 2008

Week 15 - Peak Phase

Week 15 is my first week of my peak phase and with next week being a recovery it was great to get through this week. I wasn't able to get in as much running or biking as I'd like this past week, but it's great knowing how far I've come with my training and what great shape I'm in right now. Despite my low biking mileage I still feel comfortable on the 30 mile rides, like I could go much longer, even though I still have yet to go on a 60 mile ride, I may have to wait till Week 17 to get in a long run and a long ride. I can't believe that Mooseman is only 5 weeks away. As I get closer to the actual event I find myself thinking about how the race will go and how I don't feel ready despite all the training I have done. What worries me the most is my actual race day nutrition. Thanks to Scott DeWire for some tips, I think I might be in good shape, but we'll have to see.

Here are my totals for Week 15:
  • Swim - 7,832 yards
  • Bike - 30.69 miles
  • Run - 11.78 miles

1 comment:

Scott DeWire said...

I can help you with what to eat and when, but you better get your butt out on a 60 mile ride soon or it won't matter how much you eat! I know you'll do great in the race, but it sure would be nice to see how a ride that long feels. Jess tells me the course is hilly and full of potholes and frost heaves. Fun, eh?