Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week 13 - Recap & Bike Fit

Well the recap of Week 13 is a week past due. Between work, racing & my long weekends spending time with my lovely girlfriend, it doesn't leave me much time to post, so here I am catching up. Week 13 was a decent week considering I was able to add more miles to the bike this week, but I ended up slacking on the running. On Friday, April 18th I was able to schedule a professional bike fit at The Cycleloft in Burlington, MA. It was great to finally get dialed in and learn the process of a bike fit. The bike fit started by first analyzing my current setup. After looking at my current setup it was apparently very unorthodox. I was to far forward on my bike and my bike cleats weren't in the correct position. The bike fit ended up taking about 2 hours, but afterwards I couldn't believe the difference. Joel, the bike fit professional, made adjusts to my cleats on both my race and training shoes, adjusted the saddle and post to the correct height and then lowered my aerobars to give me a pretty basic tri-bike setup. I was also given a set of orthotics for my bike shoes. Come to find out it’s not normal to have your knees hit the middle tube on the bike. This was happening because from my thigh to my knees, they go inwards and then my tibia's bow out. The orthotics fix this problem almost making my legs straight when I peddle and relieving a lot of stress that I had been feeling on my IT band. I was able to test out the bike fit I had received on Friday in the Wrentham Duathlon on Sunday, April 20th.

Here are the totals for Week 13:
  • Swim - 7,282 yards
  • Bike - 37.1 miles
  • Run - 9.94 miles

No comments: