Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Week 8 - Recovery Week Recap

Week 8 was a great recovery week, but I ended up taking to many recovery days only because I couldn’t get the time in for training this week. For those of you who don’t know I try and get most of my training in during the week so I can spend time with my girlfriend Jess on the weekends since we are so busy during the week.

This past Thursday, March 12th was my birthday and it just so happened that I was able to attend an informational meeting with the nutritionist Nancy Clark. Nancy has worked with many triathletes, runners and players from the Boston Red Sox and Boston Celtics. I attended this meeting in hopes of learning about pre-race, race day and post race nutrition, but it turned into more of a Q & A of just about everything nutrition related; so much for nutrition information on race day! I did take something away from the meeting, which was that all the training you are doing for your body you are also training your body by what you eat when you train.

Also, this past Saturday was interesting to say the least. I ended up having to drive myself to the ER because while I was washing my dishes, of all things, I ended up slicing my right pinky finger. I ended up with 3 stitches and was told that I couldn't get it wet in the next 2 days. So much for swim workouts in Week 9! Depending on how the week goes I may try and swim or I may not since I really don't want the stitches to pull out.

Aside from the nutrition meeting and the thrill of this past Saturday, my running mileage and bike time is down from what my goals were. Here are my totals for Week 8:
  • Swim – 5,236 yards (2.97 miles)
  • Bike – 105 minutes
  • Run – 10.44 miles

No comments: