Monday, March 31, 2008

Week 10 - Recap (Half Way Mark)

Week 10 was back to normal for swimming and running and was disappointing in the bike area yet again. I’ve been sick of riding the trainer inside for the last 9 weeks that I just can’t wait to get outside and ride. Once the weather warms up to Spring like temps, I’ll be outside on the days I’m supposed to bike. I ended up taking three rest days this week since Tuesday and Sunday I didn’t up biking. I did, however, have a great 7 mile run on Wednesday, which I ended up running at a 6:03 pace for a time of 42:38. I’m hoping this is a sign of things to come for my Half Marathon coming up on Sunday, April 6th. I’m also happy to report that I’ve made it to the half way point in the training program! I can’t believe that I’m at the half way point and only have 10 additional weeks left of training before my first Half Ironman. My training plan ends up peaking at Week 17 and then has a 2 week taper prior to race day.

As a side note, my friend Scott DeWire, who lives in North Carolina ended up running a Half Marathon PR despite having chest pains and cramping. Congrats to him! I had to mention it since he happen to beat my Half Marathon PR by 31 seconds. Congrats! My Half Marathon PR is 1:24.16, which I ran on October 7, 2007 at the B.A.A. Half Marathon.

Here are the totals for Week 10.
  • Swim – 6,732 yards (3.8 miles)
  • Bike – 30 minutes
  • Run – 16.31 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on making to the halfway mark!! Keep it up, Buddy.