Sunday, February 24, 2008

TriFury Winter Clinic 2 - Feb 17, 2008

What a great clinic that was put on by TriFury. I was only able to stay for about 2 hours of it. I had a chance to hear Jarrod Shoemaker speak and what an unbelievable triathlete he is at only 25! He was kind enough to share some training tips and racing tips and sure enough I’ve taken them to heart and put the training tips to good use or at least I’ve been trying to make myself more aware of them, such as stroke and body position in the water. Once this New England weather starts to warm up I’ll head outside and start practicing my bike mounts and dismounts for racing so I can hopefully spend less time in transition. I also couldn’t believe that Jarrod was also swimming about 25,000 yards a week, strength training 3 times a week and logging about 70 miles a week +-! I guess it’s completely different when you’re a pro and this sport becomes your full time job. Sure this sounds awesome, but you’d need the sponsorship and the dedication to make it. It was also good to hear that he plans to stay with this sport till 2016 for the next Olympics and then wasn’t sure if he’d switch over to the 70.3 distance like Andy Potts has done. At any rate he’ll be a great athlete to follow and see how he makes out. I wish him the best of luck in the 2008 Olympics.

No comments: