Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Beginning - Week 1 & 2

I'm currently in Week 3 of training for my first Half Ironman on June 7th. The first 2 weeks were tough since I've really stepped up my training. I have a long road ahead, but I'm not going to give up. I'm one of those types that likes to get by on the minimum amount of training but I know that in order for myself to finish in a respectable time I'll have to train harder that I'm use to. Being my first Half you think I'd set a realistic goal of just finishing, but I have a hard time doing that since I'm very competitive in nature. With the help of an old high school buddy/runner Scott DeWire and a week by week training guide I was able to come up with what I think is a pretty good training schedule. See below my totals for the last 2 weeks.
  • Week 1 totals - Swim - 4,900 yards Bike - 105 minutes Run - 15.1 miles
  • Week 2 totals - Swim - 5,500 yards Bike - 110 minutes Run - 22.4 miles

No comments: