Monday, June 9, 2008

Week 20 - Race Week

Coming into Week 20 was great after having one last week of quality training in Week 19 and I was really looking forward to the up coming Half this weekend. I was definitely worried about the heat they had predicted for the weekend, since it was suppose to be in the 90’s. With my bike in the shop until Wednesday of this week, I only went out for one, 5 mile ride to see if everything was working okay. The reason for the ride was to test my race day setup. I ended up renting a set of Zipp 606 wheels for Mooseman. It was a good thing I went out for this short ride because I ended up having to run back to the bike shop on Saturday morning as soon as they opened. I had allot of front end vibration at only 15 mph and anything above that I thought I was going to dump the bike. After they took a look at it, for some reason there was an 'extra piece' of metal in the headset. There's nothing like a little last minute stress going into the race weekend!

This past week was a great taper week with only 2 days of swimming and 1 day of running. I was supposed to bike 3 times this week, but because the bike was in the shop I wasn't able to get the training in.

Here are the totals for this week (not including the race):
  • Swim - 3,168 yards
  • Bike - 0 miles
  • Run - 5.93 miles

No comments: