Friday, October 3, 2008

Week 15 - Recovery...

At the beginning of this week I ended up taking Monday off to recover from my Half on Sunday.
Tuesday
I felt great and wanted to get back to my scheduled training so I decided to hit the pool and I was only able to swim 1,800 yards before my body had enough. I guess I still wasn't fully recovered from my Half and was still on my high from having such a great race.
Wednesday
I decided that it was time to bike to and from work since the days are getting shorter, it's harder to get the bike time in and I really don't want to get on the trainer just yet. It was a pretty uneventful day and my legs weren't to tired when I got home from work. The round trip ride is just over 32 miles, which isn't to bad.
Thursday
I really wanted to get back to swimming and this was the first time I was able to finish the scheduled workout. Then after work I ended up going for a 25 mile ride and when I got up on Friday morning my legs were toast!
Friday & The Weekend
Friday morning my legs felt like they had just done a race again. Needless to say I didn't workout the rest of the week and weekend and took Friday to Sunday off. I didn't want to take this many days off consecutively, but I had to since I had to travel to Long Island, New York for my friend Kelly's wedding.

Here are the totals for Week 15:
  • Swim - 4,444 yards
  • Bike - 58.15 miles
  • Run - 0 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, a zero week of running miles 4-5 weeks before a marathon.
I hope you recover soon enough to get in some running.

Dad